ARGON8 Firmware v3.0 Now Available
ARGON8 Firmware v3.0 Available Now
While the last Firmware v2.6 release brought you 60 new wavetables for your beloved ARGON8 synth, we are now taking it up another notch and delivering features that will inspire your creativity like never before. ARGON8 Firmware v3 is the most comprehensive release for our acclaimed wavetable synthesiser since its release 3 years ago.
The brand-new Vintage parameter allows you to alter the organic fabric of the wavetable textures by emulating the behaviour of vintage synths’ technical imperfections, whereas certain tuning and other variations were introduced into the sound generation. Oscillator Free Run is another new feature known from analogue synthesisers and adds to the sonic flexibility of ARGON8. We suggest deactivating it for percussive sounds and e-piano patches that demand a consistent transient output. For pads and strings sounds, on the other hand, activating Oscillator Free Run will be the missing ingredient for expressive and unique sounds. ‘Classic’ Synth sounds are so much more alive with the vintage, and free run parameters ensuring every key press is slightly different than the one before
Firmware v3 adds four new filter types, incl. 4-Pole Ladder Filter, a 1-Pole Ladder Hybrid, a resonant Phaser Ladder Filter and a new 2-Pole Sallen-Key Filter. All new filters come with Pre-Filter drive, and the integrated polesweeping allows seamless morphing through the audio spectrum. The Ladder filter unlocks even more classic synth tones as well as expands ARGONs experimental capabilities with the more complex filter outputs, and the Sallen-Key filter brings a whole new level and character to gnarly, driven sounds, especially when paired with the Drive FX
Harnessing our flexible processing distribution system, some of the new additions occupy the power of two effects slots for more sonic power and depth. The V2 Reverb is great for adding a little bit of space to a sound, huge near-infinite reverbs and everything in-between. The new Chorus v2 was brought from our successful COBALT5S and COBALT8 synths and injects vintage Chorus tones to ARGON8. Creative sound gourmets will also enjoy the new Phaser v2, Compressor, Three-Band EQ, Unisoniser, Utility and additional Drive effects, giving enough options to give your custom patch creations a final, production-ready touch.
Firmware v3 launches with the addition of a dedicated new bank of 100 new factory presets to showcase Firmware v3 in action.
With the new firmware, the programmable Arpeggiator receives new Arp Directions to inspire musicians and producers. Firmware v3 also improves the capabilities of the OLED display, the Audio In quality, the gain staging of the audio output and much more.
Use MODALapp to update your ARGON8
With the latest MODALapp version (2.8.4 or newer required), updating your MODAL synthesiser is easy as 1-2-3. Open the application on your computer or mobile device and it will guide you automatically through the update process.
FACTORY Sound Pack
ARGON8 Factory Vol. 3
As part of the release of ARGON8 Firmware v3, we are pleased to announce Volume 3 of our Factory Preset library for the ARGON8, ARGON8M and ARGON8X, to further spark your creative workflow and showcase the full capability of this comprehensive update the the ARGON SERIES. Download the ARGON8 Factory Library Volume 3 using the link below!
ARGON8 v3.0 - Release Notes
- Added 15 new FX including a new reverb algorithm:
- Reverb V2
- Phaser V2
- Chorus V2
- Three Band EQ
- Mono Drive (Hard Clip)
- Mono Drive (Soft Clip)
- Mono Drive (Rectify)
- Mono Drive (Fold)
- Stereo Drive (Hard Clip)
- Stereo Drive (Soft Clip)
- Stereo Drive (Rectify)
- Stereo Drive (Fold)
- 4 New Filter Types: Distortion control is used to control filter drive when these types are active.
- Ladder – 4 pole resonant ladder filter with pre-filter drive, morphing through: LP > BP > HP
- Ladder Hybrid – 1 pole resonant ladder filter with pre-filter drive, morphing through: LP + Notch > Notch > HP + Notch
- Ladder Phaser – Resonant ladder filter with pre-filter drive, morphing through: Notch > Phaser
- Sallen-Key – 2 pole resonant Sallen-Key Filter with pre-filter drive, morphing through: LP > BP
- Vintage Parameter – Emulating the behaviour of vintage synths by introducing variation between the voices
- Osc Free Run – Emulating the behaviour of analogue oscillators by allowing them to run freely
- 7 new arpeggiator directions:
- Pendulum 2 – Repeats the last note when reversing direction
- N-Pendulum 2 – Pendulum 2 in note number order
- Reverse Pendulum – A reverse version of Pendulum
- N-Reverse Pendulum – A reverse version of N-Pendulum
- Reverse Pendulum 2 – A reverse version of Pendulum 2
- N-Reverse Pendulum 2 – A reverse version of N-Pendulum 2
- Improved internal gain staging for increased output volume in most cases
- Improved the screen’s osc parameter pages / waveform display in the following ways:
- The waveform display now has the selected WavMod processor applied to it
- The Wave, Bank and WavMod parameter pages now display both the waveform and text value
- Improved the screen’s filter graph / parameter pages in the following ways:
- Improved the graph to be a more accurate representation of the filter
- The Type parameter page now displays both the graph and text value
- Improved Audio In sound quality
- Fixed a potential arpeggiator note ordering issue when playing arps with an arp octave value of 2 or more
- Fixed a potential arpeggiator note ordering issue when playing arp patterns using a pendulum direction mode
- Fixed issue where the first loop of the arpeggiator sequence may not contain all pressed notes when using the ‘backwards’ direction mode
- Fixed issue wheres some parameters would not be properly forwarded in polychain mode
- Fixed an aftertouch to cutoff modulation scaling issue for classic filters
- Fixed an FEG depth scaling issue
- Fixed bug in polychain mode where DIN Thru could still be active on polychain slaves, leading to undefined behaviour.