ARGON8 Firmware v3.2 Now Available
It unlocks improved filter cutoff behaviour with three distinctive modes to increase creative performance and sound design options. Note-to-Cutoff Scaling can now track with full accuracy in one of two new modes; Relative, and Bipolar. These modes can be tailored to match your preferences on a per-patch basis. The original note-to-cutoff characteristics remain available in Legacy mode.
In addition, we worked tirelessly on further bug fixes and other improvements. Please refer to the Firmware Release Notes for further details.
Use MODALapp to update your ARGON8
With the latest MODALapp version (2.8.5 or newer required), updating your MODAL synthesiser is easy as 1-2-3. Open the application on your computer or mobile device and it will guide you automatically through the update process.
ARGON8 v3.2 - Release Notes
- Added a “Cutoff Scaling” patch parameter for improved filter cutoff behaviour with the following modes:
- Legacy – The existing cutoff control scaling curve and note-to-cutoff tracking behaviour
- Relative – A new cutoff control scaling curve that is more balanced and changes the note-to-cutoff tracking to behave more closely to analogue synths. In this mode note-to-cutoff tracks best when the cutoff control is at 0, and tracks portamento / glide and pitch bend.
- Bipolar – The same cutoff control scaling curve and portamento / glide / pitch bend tracking behaviour as the ‘Relative’ mode, except in this mode note-to-cutoff tracks best when the cutoff control is at 64.
- Added a panel shortcut for the Osc Free Run parameter – hold the ‘Patch’ button and turn the Osc2 Tune control (the ‘Tune2/Fine2’ encoder on ARGON8 and ARGON8X, or the ’Tune/Fine’ encoder on ARGON8M).
- Fixed an arpeggiator delay / latency issue introduced in version 3.0
- Fixed arpeggiator hanging notes issues potentially seen when using long divisions and gate lengths
- Fixed an arpeggiator chord mode issue where pressed notes may not all be added to the arp straight away
- Fixed very rare crash when sending certain tempo values from external MIDI
FACTORY Sound Pack
ARGON8 Factory Vol. 3
As part of the release of ARGON8 Firmware v3, we are pleased to announce Volume 3 of our Factory Preset library for the ARGON8, ARGON8M and ARGON8X, to further spark your creative workflow and showcase the full capability of this comprehensive update the the ARGON SERIES. Download the ARGON8 Factory Library Volume 3 using the link below!